UUCY is seeking a Preschool Lead to work approximately six hours a month; salary range is $12-$14 an hour depending on experience. Contact the church at 453-8448 if you are interested in this position.
JOB GOAL: The Preschool Leader supports the Religious Education program for children at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Yakima (UUCY) by leading the Preschool class.
POSITION: Approximately 6 hours per month, consisting of 2 hours approximately 3 Sunday mornings per month. Salary range is $12 — $14/Hr. DOE.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Familiar with Unitarian Universalism and supportive of its principles and values
- Understanding of child development and classroom management
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with church staff and members of all ages.
- Good communications skills
- Pass WA State criminal background check
- Successful experience working in instructional role with children and/or youth.
- Academic preparation, training, and/or experience in education.
- Ability to recruit, train, and oversee volunteers
- Strong organizational skills, including self-starting and ability to prioritize, manage multiple responsibilities, and work with minimal supervision.
REPORTS TO: DRE — Director of Religions Education (primary,) Minister (secondary)
- Lead a 45-minute Preschool class approximately 3 Sundays per month, utilizing activities or curriculum provided by the DRE.
- Help coordinate substitute teachers when needed.
- Assist with the work of the DRE and the LRE Committee as requested.
- Make recommendations to the DRE on Preschool curriculum needs, and adapt curriculum as needed.
- Maintain class attendance records.
Monitor classroom supplies inventory and keep classroom organized