UUCY member Tony Long presents
- New-old location for Drinking Coffee Liberally
Come to Caffee 11th Avenue (formerly known as Mojo’s) Wednesday mornings at 9:00 for wide ranging conversations about local and world events, gardening, pets, travel, books, and more. All are welcome. Find the group at 1003 West Yakima Avenue.
- Reflections on the Moral Arc by Rev. Ken Jones
As I write this, I was reminiscing just two days prior about the incredible moment just three years ago when the US Supreme Court decided, in the case Obergefell v. Hodges, that marriage equality was the law of the land. I was attending the UUA’s General Assembly in Portland when that was announced, and I ...
- “Beartown” chosen for July book club
Beartown by New York Times bestselling author Fredrik Backman is the July Book Club selection. Beartown is a tiny community nestled deep in the forest that is slowly losing ground to the ever-encroaching trees. The hopes and dreams of the town rest on the shoulders of the junior hockey team. The cold forests of Sweden ...
Healthy Relations Covenant
- Treat each other with kindness
- Celebrate each other’s personal growth
- Listen deeply to others
- Speak with courage and humility
- Share the ministry of this congregation