“…in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.” (from Desiderata) This service, led by Merrill Thomsen and Susan Kaphammer, will be sparse of words to offer time to experience and reflect on solitude as a spiritual practice.
- Backpacks for the Homeless UUCY is once again collecting donations for backpacks for the homeless. Your gently used blankets can help to save lives! Items can be dropped off at UUCY, then Triumph Treatment will collect the donated items and assemble them into backpacks, which will be distributed on Friday, December 21st at the Union Gospel Mission. Items most needed are: Blankets, sleeping ...
- Book Club Update Your Book Club facilitator, Susan Kaphammer, looks for titles that are available in paperback and available through Yakima Valley Libraries, often in hard copy and as e-books. Welcoming suggestions of both fiction and nonfiction, she tries to schedule a variety of topics, genres, themes and styles. Often, Susan has not read the books before selecting ...
- Leadership Experience 2019 Have you recently taken on a leadership role in the congregation? Are you considering a leadership role but want to increase your experience, knowledge, or skills before doing so? Visit www.uua.org/nwr to learn more about and participate in Leadership Experience 2019. This is a hybrid in-person/on-line leadership development program offered by the Pacific Western Region of the ...
Healthy Relations Covenant
This congregation has adopted a Healthy Relations Covenant, making these making these promises to each other.
- Treat each other with kindness
- Celebrate each other’s personal growth
- Listen deeply to others
- Speak with courage and humility
- Share the ministry of this congregation