- Reflections on the Moral Arc by Rev. Ken Jones
As I write this, I was reminiscing just two days prior about the incredible moment just three years ago when the US Supreme Court decided, in the case Obergefell v. Hodges, that marriage equality was the law of the land. I was attending the UUA’s General Assembly in Portland when that was announced, and I ...
- “Beartown” chosen for July book club
Beartown by New York Times bestselling author Fredrik Backman is the July Book Club selection. Beartown is a tiny community nestled deep in the forest that is slowly losing ground to the ever-encroaching trees. The hopes and dreams of the town rest on the shoulders of the junior hockey team. The cold forests of Sweden ...
- Annual Meeting-June 3rd after Pancake Breakfast
The day for UUCY’s Annual Meeting is just around the corner- Sunday,
June 3rd, immediately following our regularly scheduled First Sunday
Pancake Breakfast. We ask that all Members attend and vote as they are
able, or use the attached proxy form to assign their vote to another
member. (All are welcome to attend, but only ...
Healthy Relations Covenant
- Treat each other with kindness
- Celebrate each other’s personal growth
- Listen deeply to others
- Speak with courage and humility
- Share the ministry of this congregation