Lee Murdock, Director of the Homeless Coalition of Yakima County, will present about the challenges of homelessness in Yakima and what is being done about it. We will also have a more informal conversation with Ms. Murdock after the service.
- Swashbuckling Heroine and Heroes Book Club to meet on second Saturdays Beware the Scarlet Pimpernel? Check the library or download this 1905 novel of historical fiction by Baroness Orczy, first published in 1905, for free from Gutenberg. The first book club meeting will be on March 9th from noon to 1:30 at the church. Bring a brown bag lunch and join the discussion led by historian ...
- Newcomers Orientation Curious about Unitarian Universalism? Want to learn more? Want to find ways to “plug in” to the church community? Then plan to attend a “Newcomers Orientation” on Sunday, January 27 after the service (11:30 — 1:00) Engage in conversation with Rev. Jones and members of our Board of Trustees to learn more about this ...
- RE Teachers Welcome Children Our RE teachers missed seeing the children over the holiday break-we are looking forward to classes on January 13th. Teacher Kathy will lead Children’s Chapel and help the grade school children fill their Toolbox of Faith. The preschoolers will do a Chalice Children matching activity with Jean and engage in free play.
Healthy Relations Covenant
This congregation has adopted a Healthy Relations Covenant, making these making these promises to each other.
- Treat each other with kindness
- Celebrate each other’s personal growth
- Listen deeply to others
- Speak with courage and humility
- Share the ministry of this congregation