In some ways, it has become too easy — especially for people who identify as white — to honor the life and legacy of Martin Luther King. To really understand his work, and what remains to be done in America today, means this should be … read more.
- RE Teachers Welcome Children Our RE teachers missed seeing the children over the holiday break-we are looking forward to classes on January 13th. Teacher Kathy will lead Children’s Chapel and help the grade school children fill their Toolbox of Faith. The preschoolers will do a Chalice Children matching activity with Jean and engage in free play.
- Backpacks for the Homeless UUCY is once again collecting donations for backpacks for the homeless. Your gently used blankets can help to save lives! Items can be dropped off at UUCY, then Triumph Treatment will collect the donated items and assemble them into backpacks, which will be distributed on Friday, December 21st at the Union Gospel Mission. Items most needed are: Blankets, sleeping ...
- Book Club Update Your Book Club facilitator, Susan Kaphammer, looks for titles that are available in paperback and available through Yakima Valley Libraries, often in hard copy and as e-books. Welcoming suggestions of both fiction and nonfiction, she tries to schedule a variety of topics, genres, themes and styles. Often, Susan has not read the books before selecting ...
Healthy Relations Covenant
This congregation has adopted a Healthy Relations Covenant, making these making these promises to each other.
- Treat each other with kindness
- Celebrate each other’s personal growth
- Listen deeply to others
- Speak with courage and humility
- Share the ministry of this congregation