Humans are creatures greatly informed by our use of language. One way we use language is to name people and things. Lakes, rivers, eras, and even religious communities are named. Is that what they then become?
- Newcomers Orientation Curious about Unitarian Universalism? Want to learn more? Want to find ways to “plug in” to the church community? Then plan to attend a “Newcomers Orientation” on Sunday, January 27 after the service (11:30 — 1:00) Engage in conversation with Rev. Jones and members of our Board of Trustees to learn more about this ...
- RE Teachers Welcome Children Our RE teachers missed seeing the children over the holiday break-we are looking forward to classes on January 13th. Teacher Kathy will lead Children’s Chapel and help the grade school children fill their Toolbox of Faith. The preschoolers will do a Chalice Children matching activity with Jean and engage in free play.
- Backpacks for the Homeless UUCY is once again collecting donations for backpacks for the homeless. Your gently used blankets can help to save lives! Items can be dropped off at UUCY, then Triumph Treatment will collect the donated items and assemble them into backpacks, which will be distributed on Friday, December 21st at the Union Gospel Mission. Items most needed are: Blankets, sleeping ...
Healthy Relations Covenant
This congregation has adopted a Healthy Relations Covenant, making these making these promises to each other.
- Treat each other with kindness
- Celebrate each other’s personal growth
- Listen deeply to others
- Speak with courage and humility
- Share the ministry of this congregation