No matter what you call those mysterious, head-shaking events in life—Deep Magic, Improbably Moments of Grace, Help from the Angels, or something else—they continue to happen too often to discard or ignore. “They remain unexplained, and yet there they are,” writes Rev. Meg Barnhouse, UU … read more.
- Some hurt in the UU world from the “UU World.” Some people say living in religious community is easy. You get to hang out with like-minded people, so you never have to be confronted by someone who sees things differently. But others say living in religious community is hard, because even if you are surrounded by people who mostly agree with you on one thing, there are still bound to be ...
- Swashbuckling Heroine and Heroes Book Club to meet on second Saturdays Beware the Scarlet Pimpernel? Check the library or download this 1905 novel of historical fiction by Baroness Orczy, first published in 1905, for free from Gutenberg. The first book club meeting will be on March 9th from noon to 1:30 at the church. Bring a brown bag lunch and join the discussion led by historian ...
- Newcomers Orientation Curious about Unitarian Universalism? Want to learn more? Want to find ways to “plug in” to the church community? Then plan to attend a “Newcomers Orientation” on Sunday, January 27 after the service (11:30 — 1:00) Engage in conversation with Rev. Jones and members of our Board of Trustees to learn more about this ...
Healthy Relations Covenant
- Treat each other with kindness
- Celebrate each other’s personal growth
- Listen deeply to others
- Speak with courage and humility
- Share the ministry of this congregation