General Assembly 2020
June 24-28, Providence, RI
Propose a Program for GA 2020
You are invited to submit a program proposal for the 2020 General Assembly. We are especially looking for proposals that address the 2020 theme Rooted, Inspired, & Ready! Proposals are due by Tuesday, November 26 at 3:00 p.m. EST.
Providence, Rhode Island
General Assembly 2020 will take place at the Rhode Island Convention Center, centrally located in the heart of Providence, at 1 Sabin St, Providence, RI 02903. Google Map. It is connected via skybridge to the Dunkin’ Donuts Center arena (site of General Sessions), and to the Providence Place Mall.
Housing reservations will be available beginning March 2, 2020. Descriptions and rates of GA Hotels.
Providence combines the best of a quaint New England town with the amenities and hip sophistication of a big city. Acclaimed restaurants, a vibrant arts and culture scene, and beautifully preserved historic architecture combine to make Providence a destination for inspiration.
Easily accessed via Interstate 95, Providence is a 50-minute drive from Boston and a three-hour drive from New York City. Warwick’s Green Airport (PVD) is a 10-minute drive from Providence and offers an average of 100 nonstop daily flights, intercity bus transportation, and connection to commuter rail service. Boston’s Logan Airport (BOS) is located less than 50 miles from Providence. Peter Pan‘s 10 daily departures provide bus service directly from Logan to downtown Providence, and Amtrak and commuter rail service are available from Boston.
Providence is accessible by rail via Amtrak’s Northeast Regional route (Boston – Providence / Springfield – Hartford – New York – Washington, DC – Roanoke / Richmond – Norfolk / Newport News – Virginia Beach). It is also reachable by Greyhound Bus.
More about traveling to Providence.
GA 2020 Theme: Rooted, Inspired, & Ready!
The theme for General Assembly in June 2020 is Rooted, Inspired, & Ready! We are in touch with our theological roots, we are engaged in transforming our faith and we are fired up to take action in the wider world.
More about the GA Theme.
Future General Assemblies
- June 24 – 28, 2020: Providence, RI
- June 23 – 27, 2021: Milwaukee, WI
General Assembly is coming to Milwaukee in 2021! If you are interested in joining the Milwaukee-based local area/arrangements team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, Chair of the General Assembly Planning Committee, to learn more. We have many positions open, including Chair of the Local Area/Arrangements Task Force. More about creating GA.
- June 22 – 26, 2022: Portland, OR
- June 21 – 25, 2023: Pittsburgh, PA
Accessibility and Inclusivity at General Assembly
The General Assembly Planning Committee is committed to addressing the inclusion of all people, whatever their abilities might be, in all GA activities.
- Accessibility Services—Even if you are someone who doesn’t usually use assistive equipment, you might really be helped by the available services, from mobility and hearing equipment to advice and orientation services.
- Commitment to Inclusion—Beyond the physical accessibility of the facilities we use—ramps, captioning, seating cut-outs, etc.—we endeavor to take the next step: to truly welcome people with disabilities into every facet of GA.
- Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression, Multiculturalism—The UUA affirms its commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Economic Accessibility—The GA Planning committee is focused on creating opportunities to participate, including financial aid and subsidized child care.
- Logos and Other Downloadable Resources for Promoting GA in Your Congregations.
Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) General Assembly & Conference Services professional staff coordinate logistics such as registration, housing, the exhibit hall, services to our attendees prior to General Assembly, and the GA Program. Contact General Assembly & Conference Services Office Staff.
The General Assembly Planning Committee selects the site for each General Assembly, sets the daily schedule, and determines which organizations affiliated with the UUA may present program material. In addition, the committee oversees the annual Ware Lecture, Opening Events, music, ambiance, and evening activities. The UUA Board, based on recommendations by the Planning Committee, selects GA sites four to five years in advance. Site selection criteria.
For more information contact email@example.com.